Fall Oklahoma OER Summit – Call for Proposals
The Oklahoma Council for Online Learning Excellence (COLE) invites Oklahoma faculty, staff, and students to share their ground-breaking ideas, research and best practices in Open Educational Resources (OER).
Submit a conference presentation proposal for the virtual event to be held Wednesday and Thursday, October 26-27 (between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm CST).
This event is FREE for all speakers and attendees!
We invite proposals with a focus on the following areas, all with an emphasis on cultivating a climate of collaboration:
- Inclusive Practices with OER: (culturally-responsive and equity-focused pedagogies and OER, publishing and printing, accessibility of OER content, data on the impact of OER, research on OER) All Levels
- The Value of Open: (includes introduction to OER, benefits, open licensing, shared examples of OER, and discussion of OER adoption models) Beginner
- Teaching and Learning with Open Educational Resources: (includes ways to find and use free, CC licensed and public domain content, and incorporating open pedagogy, improving student learning outcomes using OER) Beginner/Intermediate
- Collaborative Cultivation: (includes co-authorship, editing of anthologies, peer review, faculty tenure and promotion, and navigating shared projects) Intermediate
- Implementing and Scaling OER Initiatives: (includes group collaboration, starting your initiative, student engagement, policy, strategies, structure and process, institutionalizing and communicating about OER, COVID-19 and OER – its impact on the future) Intermediate/Advanced