OER Mission and Vision for OK Higher Ed
OUR MISSION: Open educational resources (OER) will equip the Oklahoma State System for Higher Education and Oklahoma institutions to create opportunities for diverse, equal and collaborative knowledge creation and dissemination for students through no-cost, openly-licensed materials.
OUR VISION: OER use will become a standard across the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education, with all stakeholders understanding the positive impact it makes on students, and working together to cultivate OER development and advocacy locally, nationally, and globally so that OER may impact all learners no matter their situation.
Oklahoma OER Collaboration Opportunities
Attention all faculty members of Oklahoma public colleges, universities, and Online Consortium of Oklahoma member institutions! If you’re teaching transferable courses using Open Educational Resources (OER) in the 2023-24 academic…Read More
Discover some of the current happenings on Oklahoma campuses in the world of OER.
Open Educational Resources: Basics & Beyond
Open OCO Pressbooks
Grant funding is now available for faculty developing projects using OPEN OCO Pressbooks. Funds are specific to project type and subject to availability with priority given to high-enrollment courses:
- Level 1: Adoption of whole, existing OER: $500
- Level 2: Remixing/revision of multiple OER: $1,000
- Level 3: Creation of new OER: $2,500
Interested faculty and teams are invited to request a consultation with OCO to find out more about this opportunity. Awarded funds will be disbursed upon the first semester of project implementation.
Oklahoma OER LibGuides
Multiple institutions across the state of Oklahoma provide OER LibGuides that are helpful even for faculty teaching elsewhere. Here is a directory of current webpages.
- Cameron University Library
- East Central University
- Northeastern State University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City Community College
- Oklahoma City University Library
- Oklahoma State University Library
- Rogers State University Library
- Tulsa Community College Library
- University of Oklahoma Library
- University of Central Oklahoma Library
Philosophical Thought: Across Cultures and Through the Ages (Edited by Heather Wilburn, Tulsa Community College)