Attention all faculty members of Oklahoma public colleges, universities, and Online Consortium of Oklahoma member institutions! If you’re teaching transferable courses using Open Educational Resources (OER) in the 2023-24 academic year, you’re eligible for exciting grant opportunities. With a total of $190,000 in funding available on a first-come, first-served basis, now is the time to innovate your educational approach. The final deadline to apply is December 1, 2023. Submit an OER Grant Interest Form to begin!
Types of Grants
We are offering three main types of grants to support your OER projects:
- Whole Adoption Grant – $500: For the complete adoption of an existing OER.
- Remix/Revision Grant – Now $1,500 (increased from $1,000): For combining two or more existing OERs into a new, cohesive textbook.
- Full Authorship Grant – Now $3,000 (increased from $2,500): For the full authorship of a brand-new OER.
Bonus: Ancillary Materials Grant
In addition to these, a $500 Ancillary Materials Grant is available either as an add-on or a stand-alone grant. This is designed to fund the creation of supplementary materials like homework assignments and assessments to accompany a new or existing OER textbook.
New: Collaborator Grant
We’ve introduced a $500 Collaborator Grant for up to three additional faculty members to collaborate on an awarded project.
Resource to Create, Remix, or Clone Your Book
To assist you in this endeavor, OPEN OCO Pressbooks is available as a valuable resource for textbook development and adoption. Sign up for a free account using your .edu email address and explore the https://Pressbooks.Directory/ for existing resources to adapt.
- Absolute Priority: Transferable courses, credit-bearing courses.
- Competitive Preference 1: Courses listed on the Course Equivalency Project matrix.
- Competitive Preference 2: High enrollment and general education courses.
- Competitive Preference 3: Part of a program supporting a critical occupation area.
- Competitive Preference 4: Addresses underrepresented or underserved populations.
After you submit verification of adoption of your OER, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE) will disburse your funding to your teaching institution, which will then issue the award to you.
Project Procedure and Timeline
Step 1: Express Interest and Apply
- Attend a consultation meeting to complete the application before December 1, 2023.
- If awarded, review and return the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for final approval.
Step 2: Submit Verification of Adoption
- Submit verification by January 12, 2024, for early disbursement. All remaining disbursements will occur after April 26, 2024.
Step 3: Teach Your Course
- Finalize your OER course materials and teach with your OER no later than summer 2024.
- Survey the impact of OER on your course through performance metrics and learner feedback.
Step 4: Submit Your Report
- Refer to the final OER impact report template within the OER grant MOU.
- Submit a final project report by September 1, 2024.
For more details or to request a group consultation, please contact Tracey Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the image below to view or download a copy of our flyer for more information!